Houston's Restaurant Copycat Veggie Burgers
By
Claire #3 This is a recipe I am slowly trying to clone. So far, this is the closest I've come. I'm not so sure Houston's uses an egg white, but I added one to help bind the mixture together. Also, the cheese is optional. Houston's definitely grills their buns in butter, so that's probably another reason why their burgers are so good. If you try this and have any tips for me, please let me know. Thanks!! P.S. Thanks for the reviews. I don't have premium (yet) and can't email you all thank yous, but I'm reading the reviews and appreciate the input.
- 4 tablespoons hickory barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon oat bran
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped canned beets
- 1 teaspoon beet juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 egg white, add more if needed (to bind)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese (optional)
To Make:
- Stir together barbecue sauce and molasses. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash beans. Stir in 3 tablespoons of the barbecue mixture (reserving remaining for brushing) and remaining ingredients -- rice through egg white. Form into four 6 oz patties.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron or non-stick skillet over medium. Grill burgers for 2 minutes on one side. Turn and brush with remaining barbecue/molasses mixture. Top with Monterey Jack and grill for another 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions and mustard on a bun which has been grilled in butter.
Popular Posts
-
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce 1⁄4 cup water 1 teaspoon sugar 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil leaves 1⁄4 teaspoon dried t...
-
FOOD NETWORK MAGAZINE ● JUNE 2017 1. Jamaican Jerk Mustard Mix ¼ cup each yellow mustard and mayonnaise with 2 grated garlic cloves, 1 finel...
-
East Side Mario's Garden Salad Dressing Try this one! It's so close you will think it's the one. 1 cup of olive oil 1/2 cup of v...
-
Big Mac Secret Sauce Copycat Recipe Author Steve Cylka Ingredients 1 cup mayonnaise 4 tbsp ketchup 1 tbsp sugar 4 tbsp tangy dill relish ...
-
1 celeriac*, peeled, cut into matchsticks 120ml mayonnaise 2 tbsp mixed chopped herbs 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard 1/8 tsp anchovy paste (optional)...
-
Copycat Pizza Hut Original Pan Pizza Make your own Pizza Hut pan pizza at home. This copycat recipe for the crust and sauce tastes just like...
-
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce 1⁄4 cup water 1 teaspoon sugar 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil leaves 1⁄4 teaspoon dried t...
-
KFC's Original Fried Chicken So what makes KFC chicken so special? Colonel Sanders used to say, "It's still freshly prepared in...
-
By Claire #3 This is a recipe I am slowly trying to clone. So far, this is the closest I've come. I'm not so sure Houston's uses...
-
800g well trimmed, coarsely beef, chilled 2 small shallots, finely chopped 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley 6 cocktail gherkins, rinsed, dried, ...
No comments:
Post a Comment